Monday, April 24, 2006

Seoul

Well it all went very well....until the security woman at Northwest saw my passport at Narita airport and got a look at all of the Middle East stamps ......Can you say "Assume the position?"
I was searched 4 times from check-in to boarding...me and two black guys returning to duty in Korea...we both ended up laughing in the end as they taped the "security checked" labels to our jackets. The stupid bitch wasn't amused but we were soooooo beyond caring.
We blew her a kiss as we got on board, the only solace being the impotent rage she felt that she couldn't mess with us anymore.
The upside is I just sank 5 beers with 6 Marines (my new best friends..."Dude! look me up next time your in the states!") at my hotel with a bemused manager from Tokyo who travelled with me here......life is strange....
T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... That's funny!
I went through something like that on my last trip to London. They picked me out of the line before boarding the plane back to the USA, and they went through all my things. It's frustrating because they don't even ask questions, and they don't care about what you say. Up until I said something about them not picking any white person on that line; then... poor British and American boys, they were searched just as Blacks, Hispanics and any other color you see on those lines are.

Anonymous said...

Yo Terry,

Brown person here! Welcome to our world!