Sunday, July 30, 2006

A weekend to chase the cobwebs away

I just spent a weekend with my daughter, who at age 6 is capable of dismissing all of the woes and world-weary jaded, demeanor I seem to be adopting lately.
It amazes me how pizza, swimming and dreamworks/pixar cartoons, makes me forget all of the nonsense that seems to clutter up my mind from time to time. Work, dodgey back, 5 hour M25 nightmares and all the other stuff that seem so important, are banished.

Wherever you are, give a cheer for the power of a 6 year old!

I hope all is well wherever you are, and that your weekend approached the fun and laughter of mine!
A pic below from my recent trip in Toronto /Ottawa.
The visit was short and there was a bit of a family scare, but I guess I feel that it was a break short as it was. The pic below is of an old friend who acted as a mentor/drinking buddy/pal in my early career. Here's to you Donald!
I spent an ill considered, jetlagged afternoon sitting in the sun drinking booze in the 90 degree heat. Donald and I sat and drank and laughed and generally put the world to rights, which, given recent events, the world clearly wasn't listening.
Spare a thought this Sunday for the mothers, fathers, or surviving relatives of the 43 children who lost their lives last night as they cowered in the basement of an apartment block in the south of Lebanon.
This is not meant to be a political statement, but given my weekend a heartfelt one. The internet is already full of blogs screaming bloody murder over the events unfolding in that unhappy part of the world. I will say this though: ISRAEL, PLEASE STOP! Catch your breath! There is no such thing as "precision surgical bombing"!

Please stop.

Please .

There is a ton of sadness and tears out there and I am blissfully shielded from it. My problems seem pretty minor league at the moment.
I have been pretty sporadic at posting of late (something many of you have been reminding me by email), but to be honest, I don't approach this blog thing as a daily endaevour. I'll post as and when there is something interesting to say -l according to my world anyway ( I wonder if the grammer Nazi is reading? He/she has been silent lately and I'm sure that was wrong!).
I'm on the road again soon so that usually qualifies for a few pics at least.
Big hello! (I'm alive) out to all of you and I hope this finds you happy and healthy.
T

3 comments:

kcbomber23 said...

Congratulations T! You didn't have to climb a Tibetan mountain to find life's real meaning! J is beautiful and a very lucky little lady! Glad things are back to where they should be in your world.

Anonymous said...

Good pic of Donald and it was great to see you in TO.

Anonymous said...

Whew!

Thought you went ahead and had that surgery.
Alive, indeed. God bless you, you agostic and jaded, safe, lucky parent of a lucky girl.

Keep smiling, T.