Saturday, March 31, 2007

Back in NYC for a couple of days


I got into NYC around 9 last night and as usual wasted no time in heading out and boy did I have a laugh.
Lots of fun and frolic.
I needed a bit of a release as this week has been crap on the job front.
Decisions to be made though I think it best to have a decent weekend before making any rash choices.
I'm taking my own oft-dispensed advice on that one.

I had a good long walk today after having grub at Prime Burger on East 51st.
Its a little coffee shop around the corner from St Patrick's Cathedral that serves awesome cheeseburgers. Cheap and cheerful, there are quirky little features to the place.
Frommers reviews it this way:
Across the street from St. Patrick's Cathedral, this no-frills coffee shop is a heavenly find in a high-priced 'hood. The juicy burgers and well-stuffed sandwiches are tasty, the fries crispy and generous. The front seats, which might remind you of old wooden grammar-school desks, are great fun -- especially when business-suited New Yorkers take their places at these oddities. A great stop during a day of Fifth Avenue shopping.
I've been there a couple of times during the week and it's always crowded. Today it was pretty empty but the burger was good as I remembered

From 51st I made a long walk down Madison and watched the streets and neighbourhoods change.

Its always cool to to look up in Manhattan as there are all sorts of unexpected things to see. Today I was amazed at the number of water towers which dot the skyline.

I know its not the most thrilling subject for pics, but it's my blog so too bad.

When I finally got to Union Square, it was as usual, full of stuff to see.
That's it for today.
Not sure what I've got on for tonight, though I'm sure I'll sink a drink or two.
Karma for a while, then wherever .
Love
T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terry, sorry I missed you on Sunday. I left you 3 text messages but didn't know if you got them. Give me a call before you leave nyc.
G

Terry said...

No worries George.
The delay getting texts on a UK mobile meant I didn't get your messages.
It was great to see you anyway. Hope it isn't too long before our next meeting.

Anonymous said...

The Gandhi statue-singer thing is a good picture.
You have a good eye my man!

Terry said...

Hey thanks
Its the only one of 4 or 5 of the same thing to make the cut so don't be too impressed.
I wondered if someone would notice the statue.
Terry