Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Frankfurt

In the past 36 hours, I've gone from above and below,
to here,to here.I had a couple of hours free in Frankfurt today and had a walk around.I'd decided that after all the curries over the past 10 days it was time for some German stick to your ribs grub.
I could almost hear my arteries snapping shut as I shovelled it down.The "Old Town" though twee and authentic enough looking, is a rebuilt product of the modern age. The city was flattened during the war, so modern (and ancient) Frankfurt was built on the rubble.
That's it for tonight.
I'm writing this from possibly the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in (with the exception of the Paramount in NYC) somewhere in Rome. I have no idea where I am truth be known, other than its a 48 euro cab fare from the airport.
It's 12:30 am and I have to get up at 6.
Though the gal below was in Frankfurt, being as I am at the centre of the Papist Empire, I'm sure I'll see more of the same tomorrow.Stay happy and healthy.
T

No comments: