Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From Hong Kong to London to Rio

In the past couple of days I've gone from this,to this to thisIts 5:30 am in Ipanema and I awoke to the sound of waves crashing on the shore and a glorious sunrise over one of the most famous beaches in the world. The past few days are a blur of changing climates, security lines in airports and a great Sunday brunch (thanks V!).
I've been to Rio many times but the summer sunrise this morning feels shiny and new. The city is a combination of beach culture, flesh and fitness, drugs and deprivation, have and have nots. It never ceases to amaze me that all of it hangs together but somehow it does.Yoga on the beach and running up and down the dunes at dawn.
Brazilians love the beach.
The waves and sunrise are a pretty good start to my day.
I hope your day starts as well.
I'm here until Friday then its back to the UK.A last note and picture from my friend Kev (the handsome devil from tennis pictures a few posts back) in Melbourne. Its a picture of a funeral home which caused a double take when I first saw it. I'm glad to know that all of my colleagues are safe and sound in light of the wild fires which raged in Victoria over the past couple of days.
This post is all over the place (kind of like my jet lagged brain) but figured I had a couple of hours to kill before the day starts and the heat and humidity of the Brazilian summer revs up.
I'll post more as and when.
Love to all
T

No comments: