Monday, January 03, 2011

Northern Ireland

As I'm sure you're aware Northern Ireland like much of the rest of the UK got smacked by a big snow storm over the holidays.
Besides stranding me in Paris for three days and separating me from my luggage ( still no sign of it), the cold and subsequent thaw deprived some 8,000 homes of running water over Christmas.
Happily my sisters place wasn't affected.
The temperature thawed sufficiently to take a road trip to the coast and I visited the Giants Causeway.

About 2 miles from Giant's Causeway is my favorite spot in Ulster.
Sadly icy conditions meant the place was closed.
Pictures turned out OK though.
That's it for today.
I'm back in AA ( sans luggage) and am looking forward to hitting the sack.
I was in Venice over New Years and took a lot of pics, which I'll post over the next couple of days.
I have some happy news as well but will leave it for another day.
Love to all
T

1 comment:

RS said...

Happy news?!?!? How intriguing! Answers on a postcard to...