Sunday, January 05, 2014

Belfast

 
I was in Belfast briefly over the holidays and the weather was BAD.
Wet, cold and windswept.
Apart from Christmas with family I did little other than eat and sleep.
I did take a trip down the Shankill and Falls roads and document a few monuments to the bad old days. The different factions are still arguing about much the same things as they have over the past 3 decades though outside of dissident Republican groups there is  little appetite to return to the violence of the past.
Sobering how bad things were back in the 1970s.














Police station on the present day " peace line" separating Protestant  East and Catholic West Belfast.



The opposite view from the IRA below. 


















 
This is my first post in 6 months.
I think I should get back in the saddle.
Love to all
T


1 comment:

Kim said...

Terry, what a great pictorial easy!! This subject fascinates me and I remember talking to you about Bobby Sands back when we worked at Copp...you had some pretty strong opinions then...probably still do! I would love to read a current update about "the troubles". Something unbiased either way...anyway, your pics are startling and sad and well, thanks for posting! Cheers, kim