Sunday, May 20, 2007

Quick dash to Irealnd

Here's the reason for my 24 hour trip to Northern Ireland.
My parents don't get to see Jess very often, so when the opportunity arises we make the most of it. Its lovely to see them together and they're thick as thieves when we all link up. My parents rent a cottage close to where my sister lives and we had great fun having a treasure hunt, feeding the horses, spotting rabbits, and generally larking around. My niece and my daughter giggled into the night and made at least one phone call on my cell to an unsuspecting recipient!
The weather was, to say the least changeable.
Rain, sun, wind ,rain and sun again.
If you don't like the weather, wait around for 20 minutes and it'll change.
As the pics show, they don't call it the Emerald Isle for nothing.
We celebrated my sister's 40th and dad's 70th....110 years between them.
That makes me feel a bit better about my approaching 44th.
Where has time gone?
Use it while it's here is my advice to all of you.
Recently someone told me that my kid and I had a relationship that wouldn't last, or that it was some sort of abstract, manipulated ploy, unreal and used when the occasion lent itself.
To that I say, a resolute middle finger!
That's it for now.
I seem to be getting the hang of the camera and hope to carve out some time in Prague over the next couple of days to take some snaps.

Love to all

T


P.S.
Here's a pic of Banksy's most recent effort.
Read about it here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous little girl... really, you have a cutie on your hands!

Anonymous said...

That someone's comment should not have merited even a mention, T.

But for Jess having your Dad's eyes, she is so like you. And you, like your Mom.

She's changing. I thought she was an exact pea size of you at 4 years of age. Her face has softened some; in the way that previews what a stunner she'll grow up to be. My, you will be biting your nails and shaking in your big shoes once she starts noticing boys.

Love the pics of the Banksy artwork.

Duck, here's another flying kiss from Chi-town.

Anonymous said...

Thank god someone else's daughter makes random phone calls and not just mine!

kcbomber23 said...

All hail the power of the middle digit - the action was well-deserved after such an ill-informed comment. My goodness - the Emerald Isle is as amazingly beautiful as I imagined. Can't wait to get there! Take care of that sweet young lady of yours - I'm sure she is as beautiful on the inside as on the outside.
Missed hearing all your adventures the past couple of months - hope all is well in your world. Always - KC

Anonymous said...

"Being a father to my daughter Olivia is the most profound and rewarding love any human could wish for."

-- Richard E. Grant --

Terry said...

Amen

JR said...

"someone" needs a swift kick in the arse. lovely girl. lovely parents. lovely green island. we take life's joys where we can find them. jess is blessed . . . for you can show her a world of joys.

time will actually bring you closer . . and fie to the penny-ante philosopher . . .