Monday, November 05, 2007

1:49 am in Brasilia. This trip just gets better and better

I arrived at the airport in Rio this evening, full of piss and vinegar, sure that the pendulum had swung back my way and with the end in sight it was smooth sailing ahead.
WRONG.
They had no record of my reservation and even told me that as I had "missed" my London-Rio flight, all reservations had been cancelled.
The fact that I had a lost baggage form from the flight I "wasn"t" on was inconvenient and to be ignored.
The truth is the flight to Brasilia was treble booked.
I had to buy a new ticket for the 8:30 flight...I was beyond arguing.
OK cut my losses and move on right?
WRONG.
What lay ahead was 3 hours delay sitting in a middle seat sandwhiched between a fat couple who have yet to be introduced to the delights of soap or shower.
I spent this time drinking rocket-fuel little espressos.
This had me yo-yo-ing between this: and this: It also appears that in the constant "too-ing and fro-ing" of handing my passport back and forth, the little white entry slip from immigration had gone astray. This was pointed out to me with a measure of mean spirited glee by the girl at TAM airlines as I finally got my new ticket.
Leaving the country tomorrow evening should be interesting.
To top it all off the meeting tomorrow (which is fast approaching) is likely to be an ill tempered affair.
The likelihood of a successful trip is hanging in the balance and I need to pull myself together and turn the biz situation around.
Am I downhearted and depressed?
Naaawwww
What will be will be.
Stay tuned...........
T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you've had such a bum trip. I tip my hat to you for not totally losing your head.

Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh !! what can one say :) these things are sent to try us ?? i think you must have passed :) and be a better man for it . that pendulum must be ready to swing back :) as long as your not in the way !!lol love the facial expressons :) penny xx

Anonymous said...

Confused ?? if your holding the camra who's taking the pitures ?? penny xx

Terry said...

The magic of mirrors