Sunday, February 15, 2009

A great day in Surrey

I've had some time with my kid this weekend and as always its like a tonic to my soul. She turns 9 in a couple of weeks and I just can't believe how quickly she's growing up.We went ice skating and she was very keen to show me how much she's progressed since we both visited the rink for the first time earlier this year.
She's getting good!
It's amazing just by spending a day with my daughter gives me a "clean sheet" in terms of my outlook and mood. Self recriminations vanish; I can't be that bad if I had a hand in creating this soft little soul. Enough soppiness.
I haven't much to say other than I've had a great ( if somewhat tired at times) weekend.
On an unrelated note At 7 am this morning at Guilford station, I was stopped in my tracks gaping in disbelief at the billboard below:The godfather of punk now flogs car insurance.
Iggy, say it ain't so!!!!!
Everything is for sale eventually it seems.
That's it for today.
I hope this post finds you happy and healthy.Love to all
T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see Jessica having fun with her dad. I have no doubt that she is skating up a storm. Question is - how good are you after all these years living in places where skating and ice hockey are not major sporting activities/sports at all?

When you are in Toronto in March, Hugh and I can take you to the neighbourhood outdoor rink and you can show us.

Take it easy buddy!

David

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see that you two had a fab day.

TR-HW

Anonymous said...

lovely pics of ur girl

Anonymous said...

T, she's starting to look so very grown up! Boys will be next. Watch out!