Friday, November 06, 2009

End of the week in HK

I started the afternoon with a birthday celebration for one of our HK staff. It was a nice way of easing into a long afternoon which has now stretched into the evening.
I have a great view from the 16th floor and its an interesting perch from which to watch the changes in people and traffic in this part of Hong Kong (Wan Chai) . I'm working later these days as conference calls with the US and Europe are an hour later due to the day-light savings time switch.
I now emerge from the building to find a different variety of street life than the usual office boys and girls.
Just a few blocks away the wild life gets decidedly wilder...(!)
This is a glorious time to be in HK as the temperature is hovering in the mid to high 20's ( 70's F) and the humidity has settled down.
It's no longer the "two shirts a day" season, swimming from cab to aircon through liquid fetid air.
It's fresh (ish).
I'm looking forward to walking a bit when I finally get out of here tonight.
Before I go, I'm sending all of you a moment of New Zealand ZEN.
I'm off to Beijing on Sunday morning and looking forward to hanging out with my parents there the latter half of next week.
I may have some interesting pics to post as I get to play tourist again!
Stop by if you've nothing better to do as you settle into you first coffee at work and power up your computer.
Stay well everyone.
T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

strange kind of detached pics today...lovely, though.

Anonymous said...

Go home and sleep pal!

David