Saturday, November 07, 2009

Ridiculous ad of the day

I've passed this billboard a few of times and its slowly sunk in the silliness on display.
It's a funny example of how consumer behaviour is morphing into the realm of the padded cell. Advertising weasels it seems, are succeeding in their quest for ever more inane buttons to push.Talk about over specification.
4000 feet???
Any diver would be crushed by the pressure and die of hypothermia in the time it would take to realise that the total darkness and freezing temperatures makes such an endeavor (for a Hong Kong consumer at least) rather foolish.
Their watch however would keep on ticking.
There is another feature I find particularly amusing........
I'd be more concerned that my hand was in a shark's mouth rather than the fate of the watch on the wrist I was about to lose.
But maybe that's just me.
I guess HK shoppers need ever bigger hype to make a big ticket purchase.(They do love their watches here though.)
The rest of the pictures are from a 20 or so minute walk playing with a new lens.
That's it for today.
I'm heading for Beijing early in the am so its off to bed at a reasonable hour ce soir.
Be good.
Or be careful.
Its desirable but hard to be both.
Have a bit of fun for me this weekend.
T

No comments: