Sunday, November 21, 2010

Golf in Thailand

I was in Thailand for a flying visit and given part of that time was Saturday, I was able to finally get a game of golf in the Land of Smiles courtesy of a distributor we work with. I played at Navatanee Golf Course and it was all very swish. I managed to par 4 holes over 18 but true to form blew up on 5 or 6 more.
Frustrating game golf.
A first for me was playing with a caddy.
She drove the cart, handed me clubs, sighted the breaks on the greens and held an umbrella to shade me from the sun (!)
All in all fun if not surreal.
It was hot and sticky but a really great experience.
I'm in Melbourne now having flown most of the day yesterday and getting a good 8 hours of kip last night.
The only bump in the road has been losing my bank card which makes access to cash problematic.
I'm here until Thursday before embarking on a 30 hour journey to London.
I'll be busy this week but will post as and when anything interesting happens.
Stay well everyone.
T

5 comments:

RS said...

She's cute caddy - a hot and sticky experience, was it? Yeow!

Anonymous said...

"Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter."
Tiger Woods

Ahem.

No need for the putter, pith helmet or mankini (what an image that conjures) this weekend: cold snap predicted for the South East. Hope you packed the thermals and snow shoes.

Happy trails.

TR-HW

Anonymous said...

Is "RS" short for "ARSE"?

TR-HW

Anonymous said...

LONDON travel:
‘The RMT union has announced that London Underground workers will go on strike for twenty-four hours from 28 November 2010. The walkout comes after hopes of a peace deal over job losses collapsed. The Rail Maritime and Transport union (RMT) and the Transport Salaried Staff Association (TSSA) members will walk out at 1830 GMT on 28 November 2010.Transport for London have set out a range of transport measures to supplement Tube services to help people travel around the capital, including 100 extra buses and capacity for around 10,000 more journeys on the River Thames.’

TR-HW

Anonymous said...

Envious! You can interpret that any way you want.

David