Saturday, April 21, 2007

Last day in Bombay

I've opted for a soothing pic to say goodbye to Bombay as today was unsettling and strange.
I went to Crawford market and its fruit and veg market lived up to its reputation for being super interesting.
The problem is I ventured deeper into the bowls of the place where the crowd was thin and the lower castes do society's dirty work.
I went to the slaughterhouse/butcher.
Why I went through the passage pictured below is, when I think about it now, a bit beyond me.
The whole thing was disturbing, squalid and had a horrific vibe.

I retreated to the tranquility of the hotel rooftop bar and and watched the sunset. A bubble of another world to the teeming market.
I'll post the pics from the market from Dubai.
I hope you have a strong stomach.
Up at 5 for an early flight so good night.
Love to all
T

No comments: