Monday, June 15, 2009

UK and RIO

This is the view from my hotel balcony at 6:30 (ish) this morning in Rio.
I arrived after a long trip from the UK which started at 5 am in London and ended with the Iberia A340 airbus pulling up alongside an equivalent from Air France at Rio International Airport. It was a bit strange seeing the successor to the doomed flight of a week or so ago, and I guess I was a bit jarred that despite the tragedy, the schedule carried on.
Of course it would I know but it must be odd boarding that flight.
As I've been here less than 24 hours and spent the day in the office, I don't have any Brazil pictures other than shots from the balcony, but I did spend a great day with my daughter and Lisa on South Bank on Saturday. I've posted about days with Jess here before, but for those of you who don't know South Bank is the area by the London Eye on the South of the River Thames directly South East of Westminster.Its a great area to walk, enjoy the sunshine (on the rare occasions it makes an appearance) and check out the flotsam and street performers who flock here on the weekends.My daughter loves the "performance art" on display and pesters me for coins to throw in the hat. There was one performer however she wouldn't go anywhere near.
This is possibly the creepiest bit of theater I've seen in a while. Complete with cackling and high pitched chattering, its the stuff which resurfaces in a little girl's bad dreams later on.
As I said its a good day out and there's plenty to see.Posting the pictures has taken a ridiculous amount of time and I have a ton of stuff to do before hitting the sack.
Tomorrow I'm heading for Brasilia on a 7 am flight (not the best career move for my Director down here) where I'll spend all of 8 hours before heading on to Sao Paulo for a further 2 days.
I'm back in Hong Kong next Tuesday after a bone crushing trip of 38 hours, and then rest..... until next Wednesday when I fly to Seoul.
There's more but I'll leave the bitching until nearer the time.Be good AND careful.
Love to all wherever you may be.
T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the photos of South Bank. I was there a year ago with you and Jessica. Good times!

Take care buddy!

David

Anonymous said...

Marvellous view from the Rio hotel (whimper).

Great that you saw Jess and had a super day in London.

Hey David, welcome back (where have you been?). Want to shoot for 13 comments?

:-)

TR-HW

Anonymous said...

Thanks for welcoming me back! Let's wait for something worthwhile and we will try to beat our record.

Terry - travel safe!

Anonymous said...

There's a robust discussion going on about tax on the "Ukraine trip cancelled" post...

We could start there. I have a huge head of steam building up on tax and the "entitled".

;-)

TR-HW