Wednesday, November 09, 2011

San Fran and the Golden Gate Birdge


Greetings from Brasillia!
I have a couple of moments to catch my breath so decided to post the last few pictures from SanFran last week.
I was also in New Orleans and Charleston but havent had any time to look at anything in the camera.
Not likely there was anything worth posting but will review the pictures when I get time over the weekend.

My facination with the Golden gate bridge continues.
I've gone  into considerable detail about it's construction/ size etc. on the last couple of posts from San Fran, so I wont go into all that again.
Suffice to say it's one of the marvels of engineering in the world.
I was able to get a couple of hours last Sunday and take a touristy boat trip around the bay which afforded some great photo ops.

It may just be cables and steel, but its one of the few iconic structures that exceeds promise when seen  in real life.
Hope all is well wherever you are.
T

No comments: